SculptureWalk Virtuoso Sculptor Certification Award
SculptureWalk is an exhibit of original outdoor sculptures displayed year-round in downtown Sioux Falls, South Dakota, a progressive community of 250,000.
SculptureWalk is a 501c3 non-profit volunteer organization and all money raised goes directly into the program.
The sculptures are owned by the artists and loaned to the exhibit. The 2018 season will be our 15th year. All sculptures are insured for liability and physical damage. We actively promote the sale of sculptures to the public, and to date, 23% of sculptures have been purchased. SculptureWalk receives 25% commission on sold and commissioned works.
Sculptors may submit up to four original sculpture entries.
All SculptureWalk artists receive honorariums as explained in the Call to Artists. Accommodations for two nights at the Holiday Inn City Centre in downtown Sioux Falls is also provided on delivery weekend in May.
Most of the sculptures will be displayed on 3' or 4' high quartize pedestals, 25" to 60" sculptures look fantastic on these pedestals. Larger sculptures will be placed on concrete pads. We ask sculptors to secure steel plates to the bottom of the sculptures because all sculptures will be welded down for security and safety.
Our objective is to have a well balanced exhibit with all styles, types, materials and sizes of sculptures.
All sculptures need to be made of durable material for the year-long outdoor weather and constructed with safety in mind for display in a public setting.
General Information -
- Deadline - All entries must be postmarked no later than October 1, 2017. We encourage early entry.
- Originality - All entries must be original works by the submitting sculptors.
- Acceptance - The entries are selected for entry with notification of results by November 15, 2017.
- Best of Show Awards - All entries are judged for Best of Show by your fellow artists.
- All sculptors will receive further program information after entry is accepted.
- Each sculpture is assigned a time for placement. There will be a team of 4 lifters with a welder that assist the sculptor with placement. The lifters move the sculpture to the base and it is welded down. The whole process usually takes about 5-10 minutes and then the sculptor is free to enjoy the city.
- Sculptors can make arrangements for early placement if necessary.
AWARDS - $20,000
Virtuoso Best of Show
- Overall - $2,000
Virtuoso Best of Show II -- 9 Awards
Peoples Choice -
- Sculpture purchased to $20,000
The schedule for 2018 is on the Call to Sculptor entry form.
Please contact me with any questions you may have.
Jim Clark, Director - 605-838-8102